The Harold Grinspoon Charitable Foundation supports and rewards exceptional public and parochial school teachers in our region as part of the Pioneer Valley Awards for Excellence in Education.
Superintendent Meeting Dates:
Friday, November 15th, 2013 at 9:00am
Thursday, March 20th, 2014 at 9:00am
Teacher Banquet Dates:
Hampshire/Franklin Counties Banquet- Tuesday, May 6th, 2014
Hampden County West Banquet- Thursday, May 8th, 2014
Hampden County East Banquet- Thursday, May 15th, 2014
To celebrate the successes of area teachers, and to encourage them to remain in the teaching field, the award provides:
- A cash award of $500.
- An engraved plaque.
- A 3-month YMCA membership.
- An invitation to a celebration event at the Log Cabin.
- Invitation from WGBY to take an online course.
- $100 scholarships given by Western New England University, Springfield College, Bay Path College, Elms College, and Westfield State University to take a graduate course.
Nominees must be certified by the State of Massachusetts and must demonstrate professionalism through:
- Excellence in teaching practices.
- His/her own professional development.
- Good attendance on the job.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and/or working with children.
Each school community decides on the selection process, one that is fair and equitable. One teacher is selected for every 1,000 students; for schools over 1,000 students, another first-year teacher may also be selected.
2014 PVETA Award WinnersCreated with flickrSLiDR.
Gallery of Past PVETA AwardsCreated with flickrSLiDR.
Download photos from Flickr.com
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Hampden County East)
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Franklin/Hampshire Counties)
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Hampden County West)