The Harold Grinspoon Charitable Foundation supports and rewards exceptional public and parochial school teachers in our region as part of the Pioneer Valley Awards for Excellence in Education.
Superintendent Meeting Dates:
Tuesday, October 21, 2014 at 9:00am
Tuesday, March 10, 2015 at 9:00am
Teacher Banquet Dates:
Hampshire/Franklin Counties - Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Hampden County West - Thursday, May 7, 2015
Hampden County East - Thursday, May 14, 2015
To celebrate the successes of area teachers, and to encourage them to remain in the teaching field, the award provides:
- $500 as a personal gift and an engraved plaque
- 2 tickets to the banquet
- A three-month membership to a local YMCA
- A three-month membership to the Springfield JCC
- A special gift invitation by WGBY
- $100 grants for course offerings from the following to take a graduate course:
- Bay Path University
- Elms College
- Springfield College
- Western New England University
- Westfield State University
Nominees must be certified by the State of Massachusetts and must demonstrate professionalism through:
- Excellence in teaching practices.
- His/her own professional development.
- Good attendance on the job.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and working with children.
Each school community decides on the selection process, one that is fair and equitable. One teacher is selected for every 1,000 students; for schools over 1,000 students, another first-year teacher may also be selected.
View PVETA photos by date
Gallery of Past PVETA AwardsCreated with flickrSLiDR.
Download photos from Flickr.com
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Hampden County East)
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Franklin/Hampshire Counties)
Excellence in Teaching Awards (Hampden County West)