PJ Library®, an international, award-winning, Jewish family engagement program created by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation (HGF), is seeking an International Lead to take a lead role in managing and growing PJ Library programs and the various partnerships that sustain them around the world.
In partnership with funders and Jewish organizations, PJ Library delivers the gift of high-quality Jewish children's books and music each month to families raising Jewish children ages six months through eight years old. An experience shared by more than 500,000 Jewish children and their families around the world, PJ Library is a unique pathway to connect to Jewish traditions, practice, and values, and to create a more vibrant Jewish community. Excluding PJ Library's Hebrew-language sister program in Israel, PJ Library is currently operating in twelve countries and three languages, with plans for continued expansion.
Leveraging an in-depth understanding of how PJ Library works in North America,the International Lead position will be the primary point person to oversee and grow PJ Library's international programs. This person will maintain close relationships with HGF staff in London and Moscow, as well as with implementing partner organizations in various other countries. Additionally, the International Leadwill coordinate initiatives and partnerships relating to the use of foreign-language content and engagement in North America. The International Leadwill report to the PJ Library Director of Operations and work closely with the HGF Chief Partnerships Officer and the North American PJ Library team.
- Coordinate the continued growth and expansion of existing PJ Library international programs
- Research, plan and coordinate the launch of new international programs in priority markets identified by HGF senior leadership
- Maintain strong relationships and clear communication channels between HGF and international PJ Library programs
- Facilitate information-sharing among international programs, and between international and North American programs, with the goal of leveraging best practices and content in all markets
- Partner with local program directors to create tactical marketing, engagement and outreach plans
- Schedule,lead and follow up on meetings (both internal and external)
- Create and maintain data tracking systems
- Establish project deadlines and ensure they are met
- Contribute to operational efforts, such as book purchasing and distribution, budgeting, evaluation, web development, and branding
- Manage projects and partnerships relating to the use of foreign-language content in North America
- Lead efforts to bring international delegations to the annual PJ Library Conference. Coordinate other gatherings, networking and professional development activities as necessary.
Fundraising and Partnership Support
- Be a key contributor towards fundraising strategies and efforts, including donor cultivation and stewardship
- Coordinate with Advancement team to complete administrative activities related to fundraising and stewardship including prospect research, data entry and reporting, grant proposal and report writing, donor stewardship, event planning and gift acknowledgement
- Present PJ Library to potential partners and community stakeholders in an effort to cultivate new funding and organizational partnerships
- Manage multi-faceted relationships with funding and organizational partners in coordination with the Chief Partnerships Officer
- Self-starter with ability to lead multi-faceted projects with various stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with ability to facilitate conversations with diverse groups in person, via phone/Skype, and in writing
- Excellent organizational abilities and attention to detail, and strong follow-through
- Ability to work well within a team, adapt to change, and thrive within a fast-paced environment
- Confidence in asserting priorities and deadlines
- Experience in or strong cultural knowledge of the global Jewish community
- Experience working with Jewish communal organizations and funders preferred
- Experience with Raisers Edge and/or Salesforce preferred
- Proficiency in Russian or Spanish a plus
This is a full-time position located in the Agawam, MA home office. Applicants in New York, NY will also be considered. Occasional international travel (~1-3x year) and regular trips (1-2x month) between NY and MA offices.
Commensurate with experience.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The Harold Grinspoon Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants are invited to apply.