The Harold Grinspoon Charitable Foundation supports and rewards exceptional public and parochial school teachers in our region as part of the Pioneer Valley Awards for Excellence in Education.
Teacher Banquet Dates:
Hampshire/Franklin Counties - Thursday, April 28th, 2016
Hampden County West - Wednesday, May 4th, 2016
Hampden County East - Thursday, May 12th, 2016
To celebrate the successes of area teachers, and to encourage them to remain in the teaching field, the award provides:
- $500 as a personal gift and an engraved plaque
- 2 tickets to the banquet
- Corsage or boutonniere provided by a local florist
- Photos taken by a professional photographer
- A three-month membership to a local YMCA
- A three-month membership to the Springfield JCC
- Special event at WGBY on Thursday, April 7th.
- $100 grants for course offerings from the following to take a graduate course:
- American International College
- Bay Path University
- Elms College
- Springfield College
- Western New England University
- Westfield State University
- Additional gifts given by business partners
Nominees must be certified by the State of Massachusetts and must demonstrate professionalism through:
- Excellence in teaching practices.
- His/her own professional development.
- Good attendance on the job.
- Enthusiasm for teaching and working with children.
Each school community decides on the selection process, one that is fair and equitable. One teacher is selected for every 1,000 students; for schools over 1,000 students, another first-year teacher may also be selected.