What is Rekindle Shabbat?
Rekindle Shabbat is a program that encourages the organization of Shabbat events that connect withdrawn Jewish and interfaith constituents to Shabbat by underwriting meal costs of qualified gatherings.
Consider how Rekindle Shabbat can be a vehicle to build community among proposed participants by celebrating Shabbat together. Through a simple online application, individuals and organizations can apply to receive reimbursement of meal costs for approved organized events.
- Organizers select the date, time, and location and make food arrangements
- HGF reimburses the cost of kosher meals (up to $18 per adult/$10 per child) of approved events
Click below to see if you qualify or to apply when you are ready
Download Rekindle Shabbat Guidelines
Deadlines and Funding
- Complete the online application at least four weeks prior to the event. Late applications will not be accepted. HGF reserves the right to decline any application.
- Funds are available first-come, first-served.
- Payment is made as a reimbursement, upon receipt of a brief written report and expense documentation.
Rekindle Shabbat is a program of the Harold Grinspoon Foundation