The Harold Grinspoon Foundation believes that individuals and families who take part in travel and study opportunities to Israel return with a deeper connection and appreciation for their Jewish heritage .
If both the applicant and program meet all of the eligibility requirements listed below, complete the online application and submit it at least four weeks prior to departure.
Who is Eligible?
Grants are available to Jewish families, teens, and adult residents of Western Massachusetts and Southern Vermont counties Windham and Bennington. (Residency is determined by the primary address as listed on a driver's license, tax forms, or voter registration.)
- Are defined as custodial/legal parent(s) plus minor children age 10 and under.
- Are eligible to apply for one trip every three years.
- Must be travelling all together and must include members of all ages.
- are defined as youth 11-18 years of age.
- are eligible to apply for one trip per year.
DAY SCHOOL/YOUTH GROUPS
- include youth associated with a day school or synagogue youth group.
- must take trips shorter than four weeks.
- must contact HGF to confirm program eligibility before advertising this grant opportunity to students.
- participants are eligible to apply for one trip per year.
ADULTS (INDIVIDUALS AND COLLEGE STUDENTS)
- are defined as 19 years of age and up.
- are eligible to apply for one trip every three years.
What Trips Qualify?
- A qualifying program is for travel or study under the auspices of an approved Jewish organization or institution that includes high-impact, meaningful Jewish content.
- All trips must be a minimum of seven days.
- The Israel Travel & Study grant does not support social, recreational, or entertainment-based programs.
What Funding is Available?
- Families, teens, adults, and higher education students can apply for 50% of the cost of the trip, up to $1,000 per person.
- Day school or synagogue student trips to Israel that are shorter than four weeks are eligible to apply for 50% of the cost of the program, up to $500. Group trip organizers should contact HGF to confirm program eligibility before advertising this grant opportunity to students.
What is the Application Process?
- Complete the online application at least four weeks prior to the departure date.
Late applications will not be accepted
- Confirmation of receipt of the application will be provided immediately via email.
- Applicants will be notified of grant approval by email within two weeks of submitting the grant application.
- Grants are administered on a reimbursement basis.
- If the grant application is approved the recipient will receive an email detailing how to complete the process to receive reimbursement.
- Upon return from the trip, grant recipients will need to log into their online account and complete the Israel Trip Report.
- Once the trip report is submitted, applicants can expect to receive reimbursement checks within 6 weeks.
- HGF reserves the right to decline any application.
What If I Do Not Go On the Trip?
If for any reason the applicant does not participate in the trip funded, contact email@example.com, and immediately and mail the check back to HGF.